** Edit: LOL, Guardian
I can fully understand the frustrations of not being productive when circumstances are not favourable…
But every time I go out with you and you are looking at your phone.
In the pub.
At a coffee shop.
At a friend’s house.
.. everywhere ..
This is what I think:
1) Did I give you the impression that I absolutely love watching you play with your phone?
2) Am I that INCREDIBLY boring?
3) Is my company even important to you since you are ignoring me?
4) Did I piss you off that I need a public display of disrespect?
5) Is it inconvenient that I am frustrated that you prefer using your phone than spending time with someone right there with you?
6) Is this the future – talking to people without making eye-contact but also somehow having to know not to interrupt you
My conclusion: Fuck going out – if I wanted to look like a fucking loon and try striking a conversation with a wall I should of checked into a mental asylum. I could of stayed home, browse 4chan/upworthy/fml for hours for lulz; it would spare me from feeling like a complete and utter tool.
- http://theoatmeal.com/comics/living_significant_other – The Oatmeal original
- https://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/txt-is-now-officially-a-word-symbol-of-everything-wrong-with-gen-y-10-things-20130225-261604/ via http://blog.mypermissions.com/are-social-media-making-us-less-social/
- http://www.chitrchatr.com/10-habits-you-must-avoid-with-your-smartphone/Credits: http://blog.elitemate.com/new_blog/
http://www.tjeerdposthuma.nl/category/girls-texting-while-socializing-with-me makes me want to start a collection with others also socializing with other people and their handsets..